Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hit the Ground Running


So I'm back from my vacation from the rest of the world. It was great. It started with a surprise early flight that got the hub into Nashville at 10 am rather than 5pm. There was a trip to seattle that included a dog bite and some oysters. Two BBQ's, indian food, a 1 TB drive, and the admission that I should be able to have a dog. We gained a tread mill too. It all ended with a drive in the snow to Nashville and a trip to Trader Joes for me. The Hub has just under 45 days left to go before I get him back for good and rather than contemplate the nature of snow and slippers I can just get him to take the trash out for me.
Hub was luck enough to catch the first flight out of Atlanta and made it to Nashville a whole day early. This was nice and not so nice because I had drive to work and wasn't even inside the door when he called to tell me. Mind you I just could run out the door and start to Nashvegas I had to change, really I was wearing a sweater, jeans and pair of hiking boots. We BBQ'ed that weekend and then went to the Acorn with Evan and Amanda. Took off for Seattle on Thursday wear we enjoyed a really great dinner at Salty's on Alki. The in-laws made us want to jump out the window and their super food posessive dog bit my food for trying to move him while I cleared the table. For the next few days all Hub could say was, grrrrrr. I've managed to be sick for almost two weeks, since I have a new germ in the house. Personally I think I have a sinus infection but going to the doctor is a real case of last resort.

1 comment:

frankncents said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.